We love what we do...
Lifters Clinic is a physical therapy practice that was founded in 2015 by Mario Novo, DPT, PT. Recognized nationally as one of the leading experts in sports rehabilitation and evidence-based exercise kinesiology. Dr. Novo is a university researcher and professor who has taught at institutions such as Cumberland University, Trevecca Nazarene University, and most recently at Belmont University. Dr. Novo helped establish one of the top Motion Capture Research Labs out of Florida International University. His passion for teaching along with understanding the latest in analysis technology has helped researchers and practitioners better understand movement and strength training. Dr. Mario Novo is a Tennessee Department of Health Licensed Physical Therapist. He is certified in Blood Flow Restriction as well as Functional Dry Needling.
Dr. Mario Novo, PT, Cert BFR, Cert DN
Lifters Clinic, Owner and Founder
Smart Tools Plus, Medical Director of BFR
Belmont University, Adjunct Faculty/Research Associate
FREQUENTY ASKED QUESTIONS:
- What should I wear on my first Appointment?
- Comfortable exercise clothes and your preferred pair of shoes
- Does Lifters Clinic take my Insurance?
- Lifters Clinic is an out of network provider. This means that although we do not directly accept insurance oftentimes, your insurance company will reimburse you for some if not all of your PT services (PPO plan). Determining if you have out of network physical therapy benefits, is easy and can be done by calling the number on the back of your insurance card. Following every appointment, an itemized receipt will be provided to you with all of the necessary information needed to get reimbursed.
- Why Out of Network?
- Providing a value-driven session of Physical Therapy performed one patient at a time, is not a reality of the current healthcare system. Therefore I am not able to deliver the care I know would be best and as such, have elected to operate outside of the traditional model of reimbursement. Direct care, through a one-on-one model, can often provide a more complete episode of care at a more affordable rate due to reduced spending on co-pays and unnecessary visits. Most PT clinics will require you to be seen 2-3x/wk, whereas we focus on providing care through a 1-2x/wk approach that is focused on providing you the tools needed to manage and stay on track outside of PT.
- Where can I book an Appointment?
- Whether you are a new patient or a regular with us, you can text or call us at 615-240-7962 to book an appointment.